Pelletized hydrogen sulfide scavenger FerroSorp® S
Hydrogen sulfide in bio and digester gas, when used thermally, leads to environmental pollution and corrosion problems in pipes and internal combustion engines.
A pelletized absorption compound based on iron hydroxide chemically binds the hydrogen sulfide effectively removing it from the gas. The material is continuously regenerated by adding ambient air. This achieves high loading rates of more than 30% by mass.
The hydrogen sulfide containing sewage or biogas is passed through a tower-shaped or similar desulfurizer with the pelletized hydrogen sulfide absorber. A chemical reaction between the gaseous hydrogen sulfide and the iron hydroxide in the desulfurization pellets produces solid iron sulfide. It is common practice to add ambient air which results in a continuous regeneration of the absorption material by forming elemental Sulfur.
The equations for the chemical processes taking place during loading and regeneration of the desulfurization pellets can be found in the following scheme:
The pelletized hydrogen sulfide absorber, FerroSorp® S, can be particularly beneficial when used for the following gas treatment processes:
- Sewage gas in municipal sewage treatment facilities
- Agricultural biogas
- Gas from anaerobic industrial wastewater treatment
- Landfill gas
- Mechanical fuel gas and syntheses gas
- Biogas from fermented waste
- Industrial exhaust gases
Some siloxane compounds will be removed too.
Advantages at a glance
- Safe procedure tested and used for decades
- High cleaning performance at a low cost
- High loading rates due to simultaneous regeneration
- High activity levels of the absorption pellets guarantee a high-level of purification
- Minimal decrease in pressure due to optimized pellet shape
- Easy and cost-effective disposal of spent material by a return guarantee of the supplier